Friday, June 18, 2010

Chocolate Cheesecake Calzones.

I often find myself needing a chocolate fix at unreasonable hours of the night.
Things I constantly have on hand?
Chocolate,
Frozen Pizza Dough
Cream Cheese
Eggs
Milk
etc...
So what can a choco-holic such as myself do with such a pantry of items?
I'm so glad you asked. I've seen and eaten many a chocolate-calzone, but this time, I made my own. It combines my favorite things, chocolate, and cheesecake, and guess what?
With thawed dough, it comes together in under 30 minutes!
That means chocolate deliciousness, extra quick!
Here's what I did:
Chocolate Cheesecake Calzones













You will need:
1 package pizza dough from your favorite pizzeria
1 cup of softened cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbs powdered sugar
1 egg yolk and 1 egg+ 1 tsp water
1/2 cup Nutella or thick chocolate spread

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Next, in a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar, and egg yolk with an electric mixer. Combine until very smooth and place into the fridge until you're ready to assemble.
Roll out the dough into 2, 7-inch circles.
Place a mound of the cheese mixture on each dough circle in the middle of one half of the circle.
Place 1/2 cup of nutella on top of each cheese mixture.
Beat the egg and 1 tsp water, brush this on the circumference of the dough circles, gently press one half of the calzone over the filling. Press edges together with a fork.
Place the finished calzones on the baking tray and brush the tops with remaining egg wash, for a glossy finish!
Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.


















I know it will be hard...but try to let it cool before you devour it.
Yum!
Sorry, I'll have to cut this entry off short. I have half of this calzone in my hand right now, and I do believe it needs my attention.

Enjoy!
-Megan.

No comments:

Post a Comment